|Name: Dr. Ripen Gupta
Designation: Cardiology Specialist – Director & Unit Head
Specialty: Interventional Cardiology
Location: Dwarka, Delhi
Languages Spoken: Hindi, English
Primary Place of Work: Max Smart Super Speciality Hospital
- M.B.B.S. from Government Medical College, Punjabi University, Punjab.
- MD (Internal Medicine) from Government Medical College, Punjabi University, Punjab.
- DM (Cardiology) from King George’s Medical College, Lucknow University.
- Fellowship in Interventional Cardiology from National Board of Examination.
Dr. Ripen Gupta is an Interventional Cardiologist with 15 years of experience. He was the first Cardiologist to be awarded a Fellowship in Interventional Cardiology by the National Board of Examinations. He performs all interventional procedures using the radial approach. Dr. Gupta has a special interest in Electrophysiology and Radiofrequency Ablation.
Dr. Ripen Gupta has been actively involved in research in various multi-centric national and international trials in different aspects of Cardiology including clinical, non-invasive and invasive evaluations and cardiac pharmacotherapy. This section contains outlines some of these studies.
- Government Medical College, Patiala, Punjab
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- King George’s Medical College, Lucknow
- Escorts Heart Institute & Research Centre, New Delhi
- Christian Medical College, Ludhiana
- Batra Hospital & Medical Research Centre, New Delhi
- Fortis Flt. Lt. Rajan Dhall Hospital, New Delhi
- Complex Coronary Interventions (esp. through radial route)
- Electrophysiology Study and Radio Frequency Ablations
- Device Implantation (including Combo device)
- Peripheral Interventions and also including Bronchial and Renal Artery Embolization
- Balloon Valvuloplasty
Awards & Honours
- One of the youngest Cochlear Implant Surgeons in India & Asia
- Successfully done more than 250 cochlear implants in paediatric & adult age population
- Implanted patients from 8 countries in the world
- 1st Indian surgeon to start independent cochlear implant programme in Africa
- Has been a regular invitee AS A MENTOR SURGEON from various institutes across India to start Cochlear Implant Programme & mentored more than 14 centres across india
- His team did INDIA’S 1st BINAURAL COCHLEAR IMPLANT SURGERY in 2011
- He has recently being awarded ‘ BHARAT EXCELLENCE AWARD “ for his contribution towards deafness across India.