- M.B.B.S. from S N Medical College & Hospital, Agra University, Agra, January 1987
- M.S. (General Surgery), S N Medical College & Hospital, Agra University, Agra, May 1991
- M.Ch. (Cardio-Thoracic and Vascular Surgery), GB Pant Hospital, Delhi University, Delhi, August 1994
Dr. Kulbhushan Singh Dagar’s Profile
- Dr. Kulbhushan S. Dagar has been in the field of cardiac surgery for over 21 years of which the last decade and half has been dedicated exclusively to the care of infants and children with congenital heart defects.
- An accomplished surgeon he has operated upon the whole spectrum of congenital cardiac defects in newborns and children, regardless of complexity.
- He has the breath of expertise and experience to tackle the most complex and challenging of cases. He leverages innovative techniques and leading edge technologies to care for children with heart defects from India and Overseas.
- His areas of special interest include complex congenital heart defects in newborns and valve repairs in children.
- Dr. Dagar had his formal training at GB Pant Hospital, New Delhi. As Specialist Registrar he distinguished himself during his association with The Great Ormond Street Hospital for Sick Children, at London U.K. During his stay there he was initiated into Extra Corporeal Life Support and Heart Transplant techniques.
- Prior to joining Max Healthcare he was Director Paediatric Cardiac Programme at Lotus Children’s Hospital, Hyderabad and EHIRC, New Delhi.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Management of Cardio pulmonary bypass in infants with sickle cell disease” won 1st prize at ISCET.
- Presentation at 5th Congress of Asia Pacific Paediatric Cardiac Society, New Delhi, 2014; Antegrade pulmonary perfusion improves surgical outcomes in Paediatric cardiac surgery patients with severe pulmonary arterial hypertension.
- He has been published extensively in national and international peer reviewed publications. He has also authored chapters for medical textbooks.