Heart Diseases Treatments in India
Heart is a hard muscular organ that provides the body the ability to function by pumping nutrient and oxygen rich blood through all the organs. It also assists in removal of metabolic wastes from the body. Cardiac surgery hospital India, Heart transplant is a surgery performed on the human heart where the diseased or malfunctioned heart is replaced with a new healthy functioning heart. Heart transplant is the end stage procedure, which is performed on patients where all the treatment has been failed and only left with a solution of heart transplantation.
Factors that lead to heart transplantation
There are various factors that can lead to cause heart transplantation, some of them are mentioned below
Congenital heart disease – This disease refers to the abnormal structure of the heart which can be seen during the birth. The abnormality can be in the walls of the heart, valves, and blood vessels.
Arrhythmia’s – It is characterized by abnormal heart rhythm where the heart beats can be too fast irregular, or too slow which can hinder regular flow of blood.
Pulmonary hypertension – It is increased blood pressure in the heart commonly due to narrowing of arterioles.
Cardiomyopathy – In this condition the heart is unable to pump the blood with force due to hardening of heart muscle, which can cause heart failure.
Heart valve disease – Heart valves help keep the blood flowing in correct direction by opening and closing during each beat.
Various stages of heart failure
Heart failure is a condition where the heart stop functioning normally and sufficient blood is not pumped into the body. All the conditions mentioned above can cause heart failure. Heart failure is classified into four stages stage A, B, C and D which is categorized from high risk to advanced risk of heart failure. Various stages are discussed below
Stage A – This stage also refers to the pre-mature heart failure where, where a person is suffering from conditions like high blood pressure, diabetes, coronary artery disease, damaged heart muscle and etc. The stage A heart failure can be treated by regular exercise, avoiding, alcohol and by the use of some medications like ACE inhibitors, beta blockers.
Stage B –This is a condition of pre-heart failure where it can be diagnosed by looking on the echo-cardiogram that shows less ejection fraction. This is possibly due to left ventricular dysfunction. This can be treated be the use of certain medications that involve ACE inhibitors, Beta blockers, aldosterone antagonists.
Stage C – This is a condition where the people suffer or suffered from heart failure, it is characterized by shortness of breath, fatigue, pain in legs and weakness, swollen feet, ankles and lower legs. Treatment of stage C heart failure involve Hydralazine/nitrate combination, less intake of salt, caffeine, ICD therapy, ACE inhibitors, Diuretics, Pacemaker.
Stage D – this is the final stage of Heart failure where the patient shows advanced increase and worsening of the disease which can only be treated by transplanting the heart, Ventricular assist devices, Heart surgery, Continuous infusion of intravenous isotropic drugs.
Cardiac Surgery Hospital India
Cardiac Surgery Hospital India, Cardiac surgery or cardiovascular surgery is a type of surgery performed on the heart present in the thoracic cavity. Cardiac surgery is performed to repair the wounds, and conducted by highly experienced surgeons. The introduction of the open heart surgery and other surgical treatment for congenital and acquired heart diseases have controlled many problems related to heart. It is a common surgical procedure conducted to create an alternative path to deliver blood supply to the heart and body, with a target to prevent blood clot.
Open heart surgery is a type of surgery performed on the heart muscles, valves or arteries. People suffering from coronary heart disease are opted for CABG (coronary artery bypass graft). Also various conditions like damaged muscles in the heart, valves, abnormal heart beat, or implantation of any medical device can lead to CABG. Some of the risks associated with the cardiac surgery can involve stroke, blood loss, blood clot, pneumonia, infection, lung or kidney failure, fever and memory loss.
Post- surgery precautions need to be taken and the patient is generally kept in the ICU for one day, to monitor the patient and also to avoid any complications and observe the incision with care in-order to minimize scarring, swelling, and infection. Apart from these heart rate, blood pressure and oxygen levels are to be monitored continuously.
Best cardiologist in India
Cardiology is a branch of medicine dealing with disorders of the heart as well as parts of the circulatory system. And a person dealing with these disorders is known as cardiologist. Cardiac Surgery Hospital India, Best cardiologist is assessed on education, experience and handling of cases. Alkabir healthcare services provide help from medical experts to select the right cardiology doctors in Delhi NCR. Below are some of the doctors that can be approached for heart treatment.
It is a general term that means that the heart is not working normally. Babies can be born with heart disease. This is called congenital heart disease. If people get heart disease later, it is called acquired heart disease. Most heart disease is acquired. Heart disease is the biggest killer of both men and women in the United States, England, Wales and Canada. For example, heart disease causes 4 out of every 10 deaths in the United States, this is more than all kinds of cancer put together. Also, one person dies of heart disease about every minute in the United States alone.
Types of Heart Disease :
The three most common types of acquired heart disease are :
- Coronary Artery Disease (acronym CAD) – This is a sympton with the blood vessels that deliver blood to the heart muscle. If these blood vessels get very small, or if they become blocked, blood cannot flow through them normally. Since less blood is supplied to the heart muscle the muscle cannot work at normal capacity. The heart muscle can become sick and weak. Heart muscle can even die if blood flow stops.
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) – This is a condition that means that the heart is not pumping at normal levels. Two common causes are a weak or sick heart muscle and the other is abnormal heart valves. The valves may not let enough blood through because they are too narrowed. Or the valve may “leak” and let blood flow backwards (the wrong direction) inside the heart. When the heart valves do not work normally, the heart muscle has to do extra work and it can become tired or fatigued.
- Bad Heart Rhythms – This is a problem with electrical activity in the heart. This can make the heart beat too fast or too slow. Very bad heart rhythms may make the heart stop pumping blood. The heart needs a normal rhythm to pump the blood well. If the rhythm is too fast the heart may not have time for blood to enter the chambers,so there is not enough blood moving through the heart with each beat. If the heart is too slow there may not be enough contractions of the heart to supply the body with the blood that it needs.
There are various types of heart diseases that can cause life threatening effect on human body. Some of the heart diseases are characterized below:
Arrhythmia – Arrhythmia is characterized by irregular heartbeats, where the heart pounds either very fast or slow, which can be termed as tachycardia or bradycardia, also premature ventricular contractions, characterized by additional, abnormal beats, fibrillation, where also the heartbeat is irregular.
Coronary aortic disease – This is a type of heart disease where the blood flow towards the arteries is impaired whose function is to supply blood to the heart that again pumps the blood into whole body.
Congenital heart disease – This occurs mainly at the time of birth where the heart carries some deformities. The deformities may include valve defects/ septal defects, obstruction defects, cyanotic heart disease.
Dilated cardiomyopathy – It is a result of weak heart muscles which causes improper pumping of blood into the body organs.
Myocardial infarction– This is also called as Heart attack, where there is an interrupted blood towards the heart that damages a part of the heart muscle. This is usually caused by a presence of blood clot or thrombosis.
Heart failure – This occurs when the heart stops functioning, and does not pump enough blood around the body
Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy – This is a condition where the ventricles wall in the heart thickens, making the heart difficult to pump the blood out of it. This is a genetic disorder.
Mitral regurgitation – Mitral valve in the heart functions as doors for in and out of blood into the heart, and Mitral regurgitation occurs when the mitral valve does not close tightly enough.
Pulmonary stenosis – Pulmonary stenosis is a condition where the valve pulmonary valve becomes too tight, and hard, that it makes it difficult for the heart to pump out the blood.
Cardiac catheterization is a procedure done on heart where a small, thin hollow tube is inserted into the walls, or large blood vessels, cardiac chambers and valves both for the diagnostic and interventional purposes. Get Cardiac Surgery Hospital India, This procedure can be used to perform a number of procedures which include coronary angioplasty, balloon septosomy, catheter ablation and many others to find out or diagnose if someone is carrying any disease related to heart muscle, valves, arteries or chambers. It can also be used to determine the pressure and blood flow in your heart. There are two types of catheterization: left heart catheterization and right heart catheterization.
Heart Transplant Surgery Cost in india
A heart transplant is a medical procedure which is basically concerned with the replacement of a failing or diseased heart with a healthier, donor heart. Heart transplant surgery is a treatment which is usually reserved for patients who have tried various types of medications or other surgeries, but due to their worst conditions of heart they have not even got sufficiently improved. The heart transplant surgery cost in India will generally fall under the range of USD 42,000 to USD 45,000 which mainly includes the following costs:
- at least 20 days stay in a hospital post -transplant
- fees of surgeon
- Medicines cost during the stay in hospital
- Charges of Operation and other charges
- Fees of Anesthetist
- Procedure & operation theatre Charges
Cardiac Surgery Hospitals in Delhi
Cardiac surgery is very important if it should be done on the given time period for the patient. Below are mentioned some of the cardiac surgery hospitals in Delhi which are very well established.
Fortis Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre: It is established in the year 1988, the Fortis Escorts Hospital is one of the leading Heart Care Institutes in the entire nation. The services includes Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatric congenital surgery, Preventive and rehabilitative cardiology, Cardiothoracic and vascular surgery cardiology.
Apollo Indraprastha Hospital: It is one of the established hospitals in the medical world, The Apollo Indraprastha is indisputably one of the best heart-care institutes in the country. Pacemaker implants, electro-physiological studies, CRT-D and CRT-P implants etc. are the few key services provided in this hospital.
BLK Heart Centre: This hospital is well equipped with 2D/3D Echo, colour- doppler, trans oesophageal echocardiography system, 128 slice CT scan, coronary angiography, vascular doppler, strain rate imaging, MRI scan, etc.
Open Heart Surgery Specialist in India
Open-heart surgery is a type of cardiac procedure in which the chest is opened to expose the heart. This type of surgery is basically done for a number of purposes such as valvular repair surgery & cardiac bypass surgery etc. Here is a list of the best open heart surgery specialists in India:
- Dr. Sarita Gulati – Consultant Cardiac Specialist: Dr Sarita Gulati has 17 years of experience in the field of Interventional Cardiology. Prior to joining Manipal Hospitals Dwarka, she has worked with VPS Rockland Hospital, Moolchand Medicity Max Heart Institute, National Heart Institute, Metro Heart Institute. She is blessed with sharp clinical acumen and takes a deep interest in patient care. She has started cath lab programs at various centres in Delhi NCR region She has been faculty at various cardiology conferences.
- Dr. Rajiv Agarwal – Interventional Cardiology:Dr Rajiv Agarwal, MD, DM, FACC is Senior Interventional Cardiologist with over 27 years of experience.
- Dr. Naresh Trehan – cardiovascular and cardiothoracic surgeon Gurgaon: Dr. Naresh Trehan is a prominent cardiovascular and cardiothoracic surgeon in India. He is the Founder Chairman of Medanta – which is the largest multi speciality hospital in Gurgaon, India.
Heart Implant Cost in Delhi
Heart implantable materials are the medical devices used to treat the failing heart or to support the heart and its circulation. These implantable devices are used since many years. Cardioverter defibrillator which is an implantable medical device is used for the rhythm control of the heart and pacemaker which is also a small device implanted into the chest to monitor the rhythm of the heart. Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) heart implant cost can range from $ 3,000 up to $ 29,000. Whereas the Pacemakers device can cost anywhere between Rs 40,000 and Rs 1.5 lakh
Cardiomyopathy: Cardiomyopathy is a disease which is usually inherited and is characterized by the disease of the heart muscles. The heart muscle over a period of time can lead to some changes due to mutations or continuous state of high blood pressure. In this case the heart muscles become enlarged and thick making the difficult for the individual to breathe. Cardiomyopathy doesn’t have any cure and only lifestyle changes like exercising, adapting healthy food habits, cutting down smoking and drinking alcohol can provide symptomatic relief in the disease
Heart Catheterization and Echocardiogram: Cardiac catheterization is defined as a procedure to examine how well the heart is functioning. A thin, hollow tube is known as a catheter which is being inserted into a large blood vessel that basically leads to your heart.
Echocardiography basically uses two-dimensional, three-dimensional, and Doppler ultrasound to Create images and functioning of the heart.
Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting: Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) surgeries are the most basically performed major operations. CABG surgery is advised for a group of patients with major blockages and narrowing’s of the heart arteries (coronary artery disease). CABG surgery allows sufficient flow of blood to deliver the oxygen and the nutrients to the heart muscles.
Valve Replacement Surgery in Delhi: A valve replacement surgery is also known as aortic valve surgery is defined as the replacement of a damaged valve with a mechanical valve or a tissue valve (usually taken from pig, cow, or human donors) in the heart. Valve replacement surgery cost in India can range anywhere between Rs.2.5 lakh to Rs.2.75 lakhs.
Some of the valve replacement surgery specialist in India is:
- Dr. H. N. Bajaj is a renowned Spinal Surgeon of the country. With a vast experience of 32 years in the field of Orthopedics, Dr. Bajaj is a highly qualified spine surgery specialist in delhi. He pursued his MBBS, MS, and Diploma in Orthopedics from Kasturba Medical College, Manipur. His Fellowships include ODTS Fellowship from Harrogate, UK, and Training in Spine Surgery from Sydney, Australia. He has been instrumental in popularizing Anterior Approach for Complex Spine Disorders and Fixation of Implants in TB of Spine.
- Dr Yugal K Mishra currently serves Manipal Hospital, Dwarka, New Delhi as the Head – Cardiac Sciences and Chief – Cardio Thoracic Vascular Surgery. An internationally known expert in cardiac care, Padma Bhushan recipient, Dr Y.K. Mishra brings forth a rich and varied experience spanning over 30 years in quality heart care with intense specialization in Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery which includes MIDCAB, OPCAB, and Port Access Approach for Mitral Valve Surgery and ASD closure.
Heart block is a condition where the normal beats of the heart which is also called heart rhythm is impaired, this occurs due to a fault in the naturally occurring pacemaker. The main reason behind the heart block is disruption in the electrical conduction of the heart muscles that provides the capability to contract and relax. Heart block can be partial or complete. Partial heart block is happens when the electrical impulses in the heart get delayed or stopped, which ultimately causes irregular heart beat and lead to heart block. Whereas, a complete heart block occurs when the electrical signals going through the heart stops completely leading to a drop of about 40 times per minute of heartbeat.
Congenital Heart Disease refers to a form of heart problem that starts before birth (congenital). Congenital heart disease includes a large number of conditions. The formation of the heart before birth is a very complex and is sometimes abnormal.