|Name: Dr. Subhash Jangid
Department: Orthopaedics and Joint Replacement
Languages spoken: English and Hindi
Primary Place of Work: Artemis Health Institute
Dr. Subhash Jangid’s Profile
Dr Subhash Jangid is presently working as Senior Consultant, Joint Replacement and Orthopaedics at Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon. His primary work involves knee and hip joint replacement. He has a vast experience of more than 13 years in the field of Orthopaedics. He is now a known faculty in the field of Arthroplasty in India. He is been invited as guest faculty in most of the arthroplasty conferences in India. He is the only one in India who uses NAV 3 computer navigation for joint replacement surgery. The NAV 3 is World’s most advanced Computer Navigation system for Joint Replacement surgeries. This technique gives better results to the patients and the recovery is faster as compared to the conventional technique. Besides this, the life of the artificial joint increases to 20 – 25 years with this technique.
Before joining Artemis Hospital, he was working as Senior Consultant, Department of Joint Reconstruction at Fortis Hospital, Shalimar Bagh, Delhi. Dr Subhash is also a visiting faculty to Nnamd iAzikawe University Teaching Hospital at Nnewi, Nigeria. He trains the orthopaedic surgeons of that country in Arthroplasty procedures. Dr Subhash has also treated successfully many patients from the Gulf countries. Before joining Fortis hospital, Dr Subhash was working as Senior Consultant at Primus hospital in Delhi. The team of arthroplasty surgeons used to perform about 100 arthroplasties per month.
Dr Subhash did his graduation from SP Medical college, Bikaner, Rajasthan. He was in the state merit list for both secondary and senior secondary level. After completing his graduation he joined the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi for his post graduation in Orthopaedics. This is the best orthopaedic department in India and he topped his batch in December 2002. He got the Senior Residency in the same institute and further enhanced his surgical skills for three years. The first bone bank was established in AIIMS in year 2002 and he was an integral part of the project. The bank was established according to guidelines of American Association of Tissue banking (AATB). He was the first orthopaedic surgeon in India to use Bone graft substitute for tumor patients and presented his work in the national and regional conferences.
He is currently performing approx 600 joint replacement surgeries per year and is actively involved in research and academics with many multinational surgical companies.
- MBBS MS (AIIMS) DNB (Orthopaedic surgery)
- MRCS (Glasgow, UK) M Ch – Orth (USAIM)
- Medical School – Sardar Patel Medical College, Bikaner, Rajasthan
- Post Graduate Programs -All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Royal College of Surgeons and Physicians, Glasgow,UK
- American Institute of Medicine, US
- Member of Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Glasgow, UK
- Indian Orthopaedic Association
- Indian Society of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Indian Federation of Sports Medicine
- National Academy of Medical Sciences
- Delhi Orthopaedic Association
- Bombay Orthopaedic Society
- Rajasthan Orthopaedic Surgeons Association
- Gurgaon Orthopaedic Society
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Basic Principles of knee replacement. Basic knee cadaveric course, May 2013, Dehradun
- 5 Steps to perfect TKR. Basic knee cadaveric course, February 2013, Banglore.
- Component alignment in computer-navigated knee arthroplasty: a prospective, randomized study comparing two navigation systems. Awarded Gold medal for Free paper presentation in APOA 2012 (Golden Jubilee conference of Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Association)
- Total knee replacement: Revisited. Knee workshop, UPORTHOCON 2013, Aligarh
- Infected knee replacement: timely recognition and treatment. Knee workshop, UPORTHOCON 2013, Aligarh
- High Flex knee and Bone conservation. Primary knee workshop ISKSAA, February 2013, Delhi.
- Why Knees fail? Knee symposium,ISKSAA, February 2013, Delhi.
- Organizing Secretary and Faculty of GOS’s First Advanced Symposium on Shoulder, Hip and Wrist Trauma, November 2012, Gurgaon
- Faculty for APOA 2012 Primary Hip Workshop (Golden Jubilee conference of Asia Pacific Orthopedic Association), New Delhi, October 2012
- Faculty for 4th International Knee course, New Delhi Feb. 2012
- Faculty for Knee Course, Coimbatore, October 2011
- Faculty for 3rd International Knee course, New Delhi, Feb. 2011
- Faculty for IOACON Primary TKR Workshop (Annual Conference of Indian Orthopaedic Association), Jaipur, Dec 2010
- Faculty for ROSACON, Jodhpur, Jan 2010
- Course Director and Faculty for Zimmer Course for paramedics, November 2010
- Course Director and Faculty for Zimmer Arthroplasty Course, October 2009
- Faculty for CME by European commission for doctors at PHC and CHC (Emergency Orthopaedic Care), March, 2006
- Faculty for Various operating room demonstration sessions, saw bone demonstration sessions and interactive lecture sessions organised at Primus Hospital every three months from 2008 to 2010
- Delivered numerous lectures of academic interest in Gurgaon Orthopaedic Society meets for last four years.
- Percutaneous Vertebroplasty: A Simple Solution to Difficult Problem. Presented in IOACON – 2004 (Annual Conference of Indian Orthopaedic Association). Accepted for A.A. Mehta Gold Medal competition for the best paper.
- Joint replacement surgery (arthroplasty) with computer navigation
- Newer bearings for younger patients
- Arthroscopic (key hole) joint surgery
- Computer Navigation for Joint replacement
- Complex Primary Knee Replacements
- Complex Primary Hip Replacements
- Revision Knee and Hip replacements
- Unicondylar Knee Replacement
- Hip Resurfacing
- Patient Specific Knee Replacement
- Arthroscopic (Key hole) Knee and Shoulder surgery
- Knee Ligaments reconstruction (ACL/PCL)